Wednesday 1 July 2009

Easy Salad for Hot Summer Days

I've made this salad twice this week. Don't have the exact recipe in from of me but don't think exact amounts matter much. It's refreshing and, as mentioned, it's easy. Good way to use up a leftover bit of watermelon.

Watermelon and Cucumber Salad

Gently toss the following together.

About one or two slices of watermelon, chopped into approx 1 inch squares
About 1/3 of an English cucumber, chopped into about same size pieces as watermelon
one clove garlic, finely chopped
1/4 to 1/3 or so cup of fresh mint, chopped
about 2 T red wine vinegar
about 1 T olive oil
salt and pepper
about 1/3 cup of chopped Feta cheese--add gently after tossing to avoid breaking Feta up too much

Serve at room temperature.

1 comment:

Serendipity said...

My turn to say that I haven't check the site in a while. Interesting recipe with watermelon and cucumber. I must admit that I don't have many watermelon leftovers. Watermelons are not as plentiful in the UK as they are in Canada and the United States but I will keep it in mind. I'm glad you like the lemon recipes. I have a lemon obsession. One of my favorite drinks at the moment is boiling water, juice of a half or whole lemon and mint leaves to taste. It's wonderfully refreshing.