Saturday 16 July 2011

Clean out the cupboards and fridge weekend!

This is the cook out the cupboards and fridge weekend. I am determined to only eat what we already have in hand and most especially anything that has lingered too long. At the moment Of writing I am defrosting some mystery berries, which may be blueberries and which came from my friend Nina's freezer when I cleared it out for her. I shall be making a pie with that. I also have duck breasts from the same clear out. I have no idea how to cook them but I will figure it out! First thing this morning I made bread and corn muffins, the recipe for which is below:

Ingredients

1 cup cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup canola oil
1 cup milk

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin pan or line with paper muffin liners.
2. In a large bowl, mix together corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add egg, oil and milk; stir gently to combine. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
3.Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted
into a muffin comes out clean.

No comments: