Monday 9 June 2008

A simple way to start

I've been reading some of my cookbooks, especially those written by members of the Mennonite community, and doing some reading on the internet and have come up with some simple ways for me to start my change in lifestyle. I suppose that the most important part of all this is the decision to change my life and

Most importantly for me is a plan and a change of lifestyle. I want to eat better, eat less meat

1. Drink more water. Even if you drink bottled water, it is still the cheapest beverage available. However, there is no reason why you shouldn't drink tap water in most places in North America and Europe. Not only is bottled water expensive to produce, but it isn't always better for you.

By consuming the recommended eight glasses of water a day, you support all your body’s systems and reduce the number of more costly beverages you consume.

Finally, water is far cheaper as a beverage than sugary drinks, and better for you obviously. Yes, we all enjoy the sugary part but why not make sugary drinks a treat on special occasions.

I can see that some might feel that they and their families were being deprived by not buying sugary drinks. However, when you consider that these drinks are not doing any good, are you really being deprived at all?

No comments: